Tiffany Zook is a nationally certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner specialized in primary care, and Doctor of Nursing Practice.
Prior to receiving her Master of Science and Doctor of Nursing Practice degrees, Tiffany spent fifteen years as a Registered Nurse caring for pediatric patients with cancer and blood disorders, practicing first in the in-patient setting for six years at leading children’s hospitals in Kansas City, Chicago and Phoenix, and ultimately spending the last nine years in the outpatient hematology/oncology clinic at Banner Children’s Specialists/Cardon Children’s Hospital.
Although she never thought she would leave the world of specialty care, Tiffany’s clinical rotations in primary care pediatrics opened a whole new world in which her commitment to family-centered, comprehensive care could be utilized in the everyday care of children of all ages. In addition to her passion for family-centered holistic care, Tiffany is committed to patient and staff education, from helping children understand how to keep their bodies healthy, to helping parents understand how to support their children through each of their unique developmental stages, to training nurses and colleagues in updated evidenced-based practices. As a mother of two boys, she seeks always to treat her patients as she would like for her own children to be treated.
Tiffany has a special interest in the treatment of children with allergies, asthma and eczema. Being a parent to children who both have asthma, allergies and eczema inspired her to deepen her knowledge of the conditions and to use her doctoral research project to create a clinical practice guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of childhood eczema, specifically in the primary care setting.
Tiffany graduated first from the University of Kansas with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish in 1996, followed by graduating with honors with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the accelerated BSN program at Mount Saint Mary’s College in 1999.
In January of 2015 Tiffany obtained her Master of Science in Nursing, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner emphasis from the University of Arizona and began to practice as a PNP shortly after.
Following the completion of her research, Tiffany completed her Doctor of Nursing Practice degree from the University of Arizona, graduating in August of 2016.
When not in the clinic, Tiffany can usually be found on the sidelines of soccer fields all over the Valley watching her boys play club soccer and her husband coach soccer. Tiffany’s husband, David, is a Pastor who shares her passion for supporting families and volunteers his time coaching their younger son’s soccer team. Together they are raising two active boys, Noah and Samuel, who keep them busy with sports and extracurricular activities.
A little something about your provider:
- Favorite quote: “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” Eleanor Roosevelt
- Favorite place to travel: Close tie between Maui, Hawaii and Madrid, Spain.
- Favorite book/movie: My favorite books are To Kill a Mockingbird, The Secret Garden and anything written by Jane Austen. My favorite movies are romantic comedies and sports themed movies with inspiring messages.
- Interests other than medicine: I am passionate about Kansas Jayhawk Basketball, Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals football, traveling, gardening, photography, and creating memories with my family.
- Favorite part of your professional day: My favorite part of my day is watching a child’s face light up as I teach them something new and hearing each family’s unique story.
- One advice to parents: Listen to your intuition – it is rarely wrong. You know your child better than anyone.
- What you would want to be if you were not a provider: A travel journalist!